Thursday, February 25, 2010

cheap and easy wedding gift idea!

so, my husband is a High school coach, and we get invited to A LOT of weddings! I came up with an inexpensive and personal gift idea! (no I did not invent the plate, or the vinyl lettering...or even putting the two together) but this is what I do...
1. plate (any color) I like black cause it's pretty neutral
2. have your vinyl lady ( we all have a vinyl lady, dont we?) take couples last name, year married, and a fancy scrolly thing ( yes that's how I described it to her when I order it...and she is great, and this is what was designed...) If you don't have a vinyl lady...I'd be happy to share mine...e-mail me, and I'll get you HOOKED up!
3. Clean the plate
4. peel backing away from vinyl, center, press vinyl down on plate, and then slowly peel away paper...
buy a cute plate rack, and there you have it...a nice wedding gift..less than $7 total!

I bought my plate at Taipan Trading on clearance for $.54, yes, I bought ALL of them, my plate rack was $3.00, and the vinyl, $3.00.
Oh, and then maybe clean the plate again...before you take a picture, or give it away...oops:)!
Quick, easy, AND personal!

14 comments:

Teri said...

Ooohhh, that is a freakin' fantastic idea! I am definitely going to have to try that! :)

Jenn said...

I love Tai Pan Trading! I live far, far away from one. When we go to visit family in Utah {Layton}, I always make sure that I have room in my suitcase for my finds there! {I actually had to buy an extra suitcase last time!}
Thanks for sharing your ideas!!!

Kimberly said...

love, love, love this idea but don't have a vinyl lady!! LOL any ideas where I could find one?

Rachelle said...

Great idea! That would be an awesome wedding gift to receive!

Thanks for linking up! :)
Rachelle

Delightful Dwelling said...

What a neat idea, it's so pretty. It also looks way more expensive than $7.

Jami Schoettler said...

I would have LOVED one of these. I want one in my house! Jami

mommagurl32 said...

I dont have a vinyl lady either! I want one!

kim west said...

Really cute! I would have loved something like that at my wedding!

Kate said...

Really like this! Headed to a bridal shower in just 2 week and might give this a try!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Such a nice gift for so little. I think I need one for myself. :)

Kate said...

I love a cute and cheap idea!

Tina said...

I need a vinyl lady... Please hook me up.. my email is....
TSY751962@hotmail.com

LOVE THIS IDEA.. Love your blog...

Kay Mahannah said...

Very nice idea. Could you give me info in contacting a vinyl lady?
kmahanna@illinois.edu

Anonymous said...

Love this idea! Wish I saw this sooner, Just went to a bridle shower Saturday. Please e-mail me your vinyl lady. cathy1228@verizon.net